When you first create a sellers account on Amazon you are given two choices in which account structure you will us
Professional Seller account
- $39.99 Monthly Fee
- Can Create New Product Pages
- Bulkup load inventory feeds
- Ability to customize your own shipping rates
- Vacation Mode
- Buy Box Eligible
- Grant access to other users
Individual Seller Account
- $0.99 Fee per Item Sold
- Can Create New Product Pages
- No Bulk uploading inventory feeds
- Amazon sets shipping rates
- Vaction Mode
- NO Buy Box eligibility
- Can’t grant access to other users
Amazon Individual Seller Account
The Individual seller account is only for people who are starting off selling may be an item or two and you aren’t really that serious. You only have to sell 40 items a month to match the fees of the professional account. I only recommend using an individual account to test the waters of selling on Amazon after awhile you will need to upgrade to a professional account to get all the features on Amazon. There are restrictions on an Individual account that really pushes you to go towards the professional account.
Keypoints to consider:
• There are no third party services allowed. Like Feedback Tools and Integration software etc.
• There is a large number of categories you are allowed to sell it.
• You are not eligible for the buy box. Which is huge, you also can,t advertise your listings without the buy box.
These categories are open to everyone:
- New & Used Books
- Camera & Photo
- Consumer Electronics
- Fine Art
- Health & Personal Care
- Home & Garden
- Kindle Accessories
- Musical Instruments
- Office Products
- Personal Computers
- Pet Supplies
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Video Games
Before choosing your account make sure to double check if your listing will be allowed to sell in that category. Amazon does change its policies.
Amazon Professional Seller Account
mazon professional account is best suited for companies looking to take selling on Amazon serious. With access to the buy box, ability to bulk upload products and give other user access to the account. Give the professional account a large advantage over the individual. Also, you will be able to sell in more categories without the need for prior approval.
Only professional sellers can sell in these categories:
- Automotive parts, tools, equipment, and accessories
- Beauty products
- Clothing and accessories
- Collectible coins
- Collectibles (books, entertainment, historical and advertising, and sports)
- Fine art
- Gourmet and grocery food
- Health and personal care
- Luggage and travel accessories
- Shoes, handbags, and sunglasses
- Video, DVD, and Blu-Ray
Can you switch account types at any time?
Yes, you can change your account at any time so if you are not sure if the profession is right for you or you aren’t selling enough to account for the $39.99 fee you can upgrade or downgrade your account at any time.
How to upgrade or downgrade your seller central account.
- Goto your Amazon Seller Account
- Under Settings (Top Right) Click Account Info
- On the Left-hand side, there is a box called your services, Select the Manage button.
- Click Upgrade/Downgrade to change your account type.
Note: If you want to switch from a professional seller account to an individual seller account, steps 1 to 3 are the same, and in step 4 click downgrade.
If you are just testing the waters for selling on Amazon then I would suggest just staying with the individual seller account. Once you are selling 40 items a month or feel the need for the additional features that are offered in the professional account then I would upgrade.